What to See and Do around Kirkhill and Inverness
Wardlaw House is located just 20 minutes drive from Inverness, just a few miles from the main A9 road most of the Scottish Highlands are within a 3 hour drive.
You can travel North to Dunrobin Castle or John o’ Groats and visit the distilleries on the way. East to Inverness, Nairn and the Moray coast, West to Ullapool, Inverewe Gardens and the Isle of Skye, or South to Loch Ness and Fort William.
Nearby are Glen Affric and Strathfarrar, both designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, perfect for walking and mountain biking through the hills and along forest trails. Locally you can enjoy birdwatching with Red Kites frequently seen.
Below are just some of the attractions in the area.
- Pony Trekking within 12 miles
- Various Golf Courses within easy driving distance
- Dolphin Watching and boat trips within 25 miles
- Culloden Moor visitor centre 20 miles
- Highland Wildlife Park 52 miles
- Landmark Forest Adventure Park 35 miles
- Dunrobin Castle 50 miles
- Glen Ord Distillery 5 miles
- Black Isle Show – August
- Blazin’ in Beauly (Fiddle Festival) – October